Congratulations on your pregnancy!
No two pregnancy journeys are the same, and no one can prepare you for what it feels like to become a parent. But we can help you enjoy your pregnancy and even your birth (yes, you read that correctly!) with our Mindful Birth, Bump and Beyond course.
We combine a fully comprehensive antenatal course with a full hypnobirthing & mindfulness course to ensure you have a positive birth experience, no matter how you plan on meeting your baby, and then also provide you with a postnatal course to prepare you for the practical side and how to look after and care for your baby and yourself in those early days, weeks and months.
The course has been led and created by Emiliana founder of The Mindful Birth Group and Midwife, and co-founder of Komu, Anneke, who shares her decades worth of knowledge and expertise.
The first of its kind in the world, the fully integrated course contains a series of video workshops and audio guides from leading & trusted birth, antenatal and postnatal support specialists who give not only their professional expertise, but practical tools and information to make sure your journey to meeting and caring for your baby is as positive as it can be.
Parents-to-be generally take a number of courses to prepare themselves for this period of their lives, but with the Mindful Birth Bump & Beyond course, you’ll have everything in 1 place.
What’s in the course?
- 16 hours of comprehensive content from
- 28 Midwives, Antenatal and Postnatal experts
- 68 video workshops
- 46 audio guides
- A hypnobirthing handbook to support your learning
- A comprehensive step by step guide to the first six months,
- A suggested ‘Birth & Bump class timetable’ if you would like a more structured approach to your learning- it is broken down into 6 sessions each lasting approximately 2 hours long
The course is broken down into two sections- Birth & Bump (antenatal and hypnobirthing) and Beyond (postnatal).
We have provided you with an optional timetable for your Birth & Bump learning, in case you would like to follow a structure.
It is broken down into 6 sessions, each session lasting 1-2 hours.
This is what is included in the course:
Antenatal (Birth & Bump)
- A full hypnobirthing course (applicable to all births, including abdominal birth) integrated into the antenatal course with supporting materials such as relaxation audios, printable affirmations, birth preferences sheets and much more
- Birth place choices
- Comfort measures and pain relief options
- Positions in labour
- The different stages of labour
- What to expect in an abdominal birth
- What is a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) & ERCS (Elective Repeat Cesarean Section) and what do you need to know
- Pregnancy Yoga
- Facial reflexology guidance
- Mental health in pregnancy
- Gratitude poems
- Aromatherapy for pregnancy, labour & birth
- Choosing a Doula
- What happens on the postnatal ward
- Recovering from physiological or abdominal birth
- Understanding a difficult birth experience
- Those early days, weeks and months at home
- Feeding your baby; antenatal colostrum harvesting, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, expressing and weaning
- Preparing your dog to meet your newborn (from Channel 4’s Puppy School presenter, Oli Juste)
- How to get your baby to sleep and safely
- Creating and managing a routine
- Introducing your newborn to their sibling
- Baby's health and wellbeing
- Recognising Tongue-tie
- Baby proofing your home
- Spotting the signs of teething and how to soothe your baby
- The benefits of baby massage and baby yoga and how to practice
- Babywearing techniques
- C section abdominal birth scar massage
- Postnatal fitness and yoga
- Nutrition and wellbeing for mummy
- Mindful parent practices
- Mental health for new parents
- Navigating relationship changes with your partner
- Returning to work
And if that wasn’t enough, you also get:
- Monthly Zoom check-ins on the last Wednesday of the month with Emiliana (hypnobirthing teacher) and Anneke (Midwife) to ask any questions you may have and meet with other expectant parents in our virtual breakout rooms and;
- Exclusive discounts on some of our favourite mum and baby brands, BBHUGME, Elvie, Nessa, Birth Bag and more
“I was nervous about the surgery so I did hypnobirthing tailored around a caesarean delivery. I listened to the track by The Mindful Birth Group every night before bed to mentally prepare myself and I listened to the same track before I went into there which immediately put me into a good head space.”
- Millie Mackintosh
"Thank you The Mindful Birth Group for giving me the confidence to smile and enjoy the birth of my baby."
- Kate Lawler, DJ and TV presenter
"I’ve purchased the Bump, Birth and Beyond course and have spread the timetable across 10 sessions as opposed to 6 and it’s actually made me excited for labour! I already have a 2 year old whose birth didn’t entirely go the way I had planned/expected so I am particularly interested in the informed decision making aspect so that going forward doesn’t feel so daunting when doctor’s and midwives may suggest things I’m not entirely sure about. Thanks again!"
- Stephanie Wilson
"I’d recommend this course to anyone looking to stay calm, present relaxed in the lead up to welcoming their baby - including those preparing for a c-section. I’d downloaded another hypno-birthing course prior to this one but it felt very one sided in regards to an ‘intervention free’ birth which is not what I was preparing for. I loved that there were specific tracks on here for me to listen to in the lead up and right before going into theatre. I was calm, in control and relaxed the whole way through the process. Amazing value and inclusive for all births. Loved it!"
- Michelle Mary Birbeck
"We bought the Mindful Birth Group online Birth, Bump and Beyond course. I would recommend this to any parents to be"
- Holly Bancroft
Your Instructor (s)
Emiliana (The Mindful Birth Group) Anneke (Midwife and co-founder of Komu) and Sarah (co-founder of Komu) have teamed up to bring you the Mindful Birth, Bump & Beyond course, all in one place and from the comfort of your own home.
This is the first of its kind in the UK it was created to ensure you have support all the way through from pregnancy into the postpartum period. Emiliana's fully comprehensive and renowned hypnobirthing course will give you the tools and techniques for a positive pregnancy and birth experience. Anneke is a fully qualified and practicing midwife and she shares information to support you antenatally. Once your little one is here, Sarah & Anneke have provided the Postnatal 'beyond' section which includes a wealth of practical tools and instructional advice and tips from Midwives and postnatal support experts with decades worth of experience between them, to support you through those early days, weeks and months with your newborn.